Being an Academic Buddy
What does it mean to be an Academic Buddy?
If you join the Academic Buddy Programme you will be an Academic Buddy to someone else from a different country and university, with possibly different (academic) traditions, habits and experiences.
Being an Academic Buddy gives you the chance to:
- share your cultural and linguistic knowledge about your home university and country
- help your buddy feel at home in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University or prepare your buddy for his/her study abroad
- develop intercultural competences
- join workshops & activities focused on intercultural communication and competences (two of which are obligatory: Meet your Academic Buddy Event & Food for Thought Event) – check the agenda for upcoming events)
- join social activities organized by BuddyGoDutch
Do you want to participate in the Academic Buddy Programme?
Registration for Semester I, 2020-2021 has opened! You can register until 8 September 2020.