Academic Buddy Programme

I need a Language Assistant

Asking help from a Language Assistant: what does it mean and who can do so?

Who can make use of a Language Assistant?

All students (international or local) from the faculties of Humanities, Social and Behavioural Sciences and Law, Economics and Governance can make use of the help that Language Assistants provide. You can do so as part of the Academic Buddy Programme or without participating in the programme.

How does help from a Language Assistant work?

These so-called Language Assistant are native speakers who can give you peerfeedback in writing and/or speaking in the language(s) you want to get help in. These Language Assistants are (international exchange/degree or Dutch) students studying at Utrecht University. This language assistance can be used for papers, portfolios, assignments or presentations as part of a course, as well as for your bachelor/master thesis.

Languages that are almost always available: Dutch, English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.

Where can I find a Language Assistant?

Are you an Academic Buddy and you would (also) like help working on/improving your language skills? Or you did not sign up for the Academic Buddy Programme but would still like help with your language skills?
You can look for a Language Assistant in the Language Assistant database. This database is accessible during the entire academic year.


Do you want to participate in the Academic Buddy Programme?

Sign up here

Did you already sign up for the Academic Buddy Programme (as student going abroad) ? Or just need help with university course work (written/oral) in French, German, Spanish, English, Italian or Dutch (as student not going abroad)?
Asking for peer feedback by native speakers is possible throughout the whole academic year. 
Find your Language Assistant